Sunday, August 13, 2006

On anxiety, luck, and the bottomless pit


I titled this entry like that because it makes me feel like I am some kind of Aristotle like philosopher. When, in reality, I am but the same person you have always known and, as such, I am dumb.

Anyway, have you ever known anyone who just seemed, despite all else, to be the luckiest person in all of existance? Of course, we all know of someone. Maybe you're friends with them, or maybe you have never even personally met, but you know of them and their lucky ways. It really makes you wonder why some people seem to have everything in their life fall into their lap while others get shot outside of the gas station filling up with unleaded. Neither of these individuals have done anything thing particulary wrong nor are they bad people, but life has dealt each of these individuals a different hand.

Being dealt a different hand is not something I have a problem with. I know we all have been on the receiving end of differening experiences in life and thus are the victim or victor of certain circumstance. I do have a problem with those people, however, who are seemingly playing with a stacked deck. Those people who wake up in a nice house next to someone they love, go to a job they enjoy, bend over to tie their shoe and find the winning lottery ticket, then come home and go to sleep feeling fulfilled and loved.

What have they done to have things so easy? Surely they put in a lot of work and effort to get to this point. No, no they did not. At least, not usually. There are stories of people who have pulled themselves up by their boot straps and made a great life for themselves. I applaud those people. I'm talking about the people who have everything handed to them their entire lives and continue to do so. Everything is easy. Everything isn't easy, and I have millions of people who live in this world to back up that statement.

I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress as of late. I remember when I used to be funny and this was the fun and fancy free blog, but all of the sudden it has gotten entirely too heavy and I apologize for that. Let me talk to the otter, we'll work something out.

Dropping bombs on your moms.

No comments: